Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Chess Simultaneous Lunch Time Demo: I survived the storm!

What is a "Lunch time demo"?

Well it is basically a Chess Simultaneous exhibition during which I have even less time than I would normally have... So the object of the game for the students is to gang up on me, keep me playing until the point of exhaustion and then to pick up an easy win - and a chess set. From my perspective I want to checkmate everyone as quickly as possible and not to lose any games - because if I do lose then I lose one of my precious chess sets to the player who has bested me! Of course should any one really win a game against me then I will congratulate them as this would be quite the accomplishment and I did have cause for concern today! Our club is one of the biggest and best chess clubs around - and by around I mean in Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Glendale and so on. We have a lot of talent at Santan Elementary so I had to be careful today!


No one took it easy on the coach today!

We had a lot of players participate in the Lunch time demo...

Any win won a youngster a chess set & serious kudos from me!

As soon as one game was concluded then another youngster got to join.


For Today's Simul I had 15 boards.

A good event today as many games were played and all of our players had a good time. The final score? I did not lose a single game - this time around! Perhaps next time my luck will run out!!

Your Santan Storm Chess Coach
- Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment